- Chesterwalls.Info: well worth a visit. Contains a detailed guide to the walls and a lot of information on vanished pubs.
- The Chester Chronicle: makes a pretty good effort for a newspaper website.
- The Zoo: is the UK's "Top Zoo", with more than 11,000 animals in 110 acres of award-winning enclosures and gardens representing 400 different species, including some of the most exotic and endangered animals in the world. Not as cheap as it was, but conservation costs money and as they say: "when its gone, its gone".
- "Chester-culture" an interesting blog site about Chester - also has listings for cultural events.
- The Local Authority (Council): has one of the worst organised sites in existence, and frequently changes the structure, so linking to information here may mean a "broken link" sooner or later. However, if you dig deep enough there is a lot here.
- The Chester Beer Project: This was a serious effort to drink in every bar in Chester and write a review (which you may or may not agree with). The site is now "closed", but is very, very funny, and also likely be be out of date as many of the worst places have (hopefully) either closed or changed ownership.
- VisitChester.Com the local tourist website. A bit light on history, but useful for an update as regards "whats on".
- Chester360 would have been listed here but it is blacklisted by spam filters!